We need your help! Triathlons are big events to put on successfully. They are essentially three different races run back to back to back. Each leg, swim/bike/run, has its own challenges. This year we are developing sub-committees to help us cover all the bases. This should result in a better race for all, racers and volunteers alike.
For race day we nee a lot of folks! We have an online signup system this year. Click the button below to get involved on race day!
Now is your chance to get involved. We need help with all aspects of planning. Take a look at the list race committee list below and see where you’d like to be involved. Share the stoke! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you on the list.
And if you are a racer, be sure to thank those who are stepping up to make the Bozeman Tritons Triathlon a huge success!
-The Race Committee
- Race Director (Tony Thatcher) – Overall coordination of the race, registration, timing, etc.
- Assistant Race Director (Laurie Thatcher)
- Volunteers as necessary to assist Directors January through race day
- T-Shirt/Schwag/Prize Coordinator (Mary Robbins) – Racer stuff, packets, raffle.
- Assistant T-Shirt/Schwag/Prize Coordinator (Amanda Jorgenson)
- Food Coordinator (Julie Zickovich) – Race food, spaghetti feed, post-race food
- Assistant Food Coordinator (Open)
- Advertising Coordinator (Open) – Press releases, getting posters out, blog posts, Face Book, etc.
- Assistant Advertising Coordinator (Open. Plus Claire Cielinski, Jamie Kujawa, Dan Himsworth)
- Volunteers as necessary for getting posters out and other tasks as determined.
- Swim Director (Michael Daugherty) – Set course, get lifeguards, organize boats, etc. Coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator as necessary.
- Assistant Swim Director (Ann Drenk)
- Volunteers as determined by Swim Directors
- Bike Director (Open, possibly Lawrence Sampson and/or Julie Zickovich) – Coordinate all bike activities for both bike courses. Coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator as necessary.
- Long Course Assistant (Open)
- Short Course Assistant (Open) Boz Boswell is available to help out.
- Volunteers as determined by the Bike Directors
- Run Course Director (Sherri Pearson) – Coordinate all run activities. Coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator as necessary.
- Assistant Run Director (Becky Hochstein)
- Assistant Run Director (Open)
- Bozeman Running Company
- Volunteers as determined by the Run Directors
- Race Venue Coordinator (Open) – Set up transition area, flagging, signage, clean, tear down and put away post race. Coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator as necessary.
- Assistant Race Venue Coordinator (Open) Martin Coleman, Bill Clairidge
- Volunteers as determined by the Race Venue Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator (Brenda Hagel) – Acts as the central source for volunteers, especially on race day, and works closely with race directors and coordinators.
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator (Wendy Gerez)
- Volunteers as necessary